Arduino IoT Cloud joins the checklist of IoT companies supported by SparkFun’s DataLogger IoT boards to make amassing and storing information out of your IoT gadgets straightforward.
We’re excited to announce to you right this moment that the primary main firmware replace for SparkFun’s DataLogger IoT boards is prepared so that you can use! This replace consists of a number of sensor additions to the DataLogger’s plug-and-play performance and likewise logs information to the Arduino IoT Cloud! See the Launch Notes under. This replace is obtainable at no additional cost – if in case you have bought one of many Knowledge Logger boards under, the updates are part of your buy.
SparkFun’s DataLogger IoT boards now help logging information to Arduino IoT Cloud! To document sensor information with Arduino IoT, join your SparkFun DataLogger IoT board to the cloud utilizing its configuration menu. Then, select the sensors to document information from and set how typically the board ought to log information. The DataLogger board will then robotically acquire and ship the info to the cloud, the place you may view and analyze it utilizing the Arduino IoT Cloud dashboard. With this firmware replace, the Knowledge Logger has added Arduino IoT; the Knowledge Logger additionally helps MQTT Consumer, MQTT Safe Consumer, AWS IoT, ThingSpeak MQTT, Azure IoT, HTTP IoT, and Machinechat.
New sensors make it simpler than ever to gather the info you want. New sensors embody the STHS34PF80 Human Presence sensor, ENS160 sensor, and PAS CO2 sensor. These sensors be a part of the checklist of practically 50 sensors already auto-recognized by the Knowledge Logger – making the appliance and use case prospects practically limitless. For instance, you should use a SparkFun DataLogger IoT board to log human presence in a room, temperature and humidity ranges, and CO2 ranges. This information can then be despatched to Arduino IoT Cloud, the place you may view it in real-time or analyze it over time. You may also use the info to create alerts, similar to notifying you when the CO2 degree in a room will get too excessive.
DataLogger IoT Launch Notes
November fifteenth, 2023
- Assist for the Arduino IoT Cloud, enabling information posting to this IoT platform natively from a DataLogger IoT.
- Assist for the ENS160 Digital Metallic-Oxide Multi-Gasoline Sensor
- Assist for the XENSIV PAS CO2 Sensor
- Assist for the STHS34PF80 Low-power, Excessive-sensitivity Infrared (IR) Sensor
- Assist for the OPT4048DTSR Excessive Pace Excessive Precision Tristimulus XYZ Colour Sensor
- Assist for the AS7265x Good 18-Channel VIS to NIR Spectral_ ID 3-Sensor
- Replace to reference clock administration – Timezone help is on the clock degree, not tied to NTP
- The JSON output buffer measurement is now consumer configurable by way of the settings menu
- The ADS1015 driver now has configurable output information sorts.
- System deal with values can now be added to a tool title if desired.
- The ablitiy to incorporate board data to the output log stream
- Included repair of the RV8803 RTC Clock Arduino library that compelled time shifts based mostly timezone offset throughout clock updates.
- Improved runtime reminiscence (ram) administration.
- Resolved challenge with system title collision. Now, if a tool title already exists, the deal with of the brand new gadgets is added to its title, offering a novel title worth.
- Save/Restore of settings to a JSON file might overflow the interior JSON buffer. The JSON information buffer for fallback settings save/restore is now consumer settable.
- Enhancements to the JSON doc posted to Machinechat servers.