Looking on-line for GU24 sensible bulbs will most likely get you nowhere as there may be only a lack of sensible bulbs for this kind available in the market.
Do not despair; we offer 4 approaches that can assist you obtain all of your sensible lighting ambitions!
At SmartHomePerfected we all the time advise readers to not undertake any work they aren’t competent in performing and if in any doubt, it’s best to hunt the help of an expert.
1. Use a GU24 Adapter & Customary Sensible Bulb
It’s so simple as it sounds. The setup is supposed to adapt the GU24 socket to a standard socket which has extra sensible bulb choices accessible.
You’ll discover this GU24 to E26-27 adapter from JackyLED works properly and opens the door to extra improve choices. Get some peace of thoughts by putting in it and forgetting about it, because of its high quality construct. It prevents flame hazards, even as much as its most wattage of 150 W.
- High quality product and construct, made with ABS plastic and metallic
- Casing is bolstered with PBT fireproof materials
- Out there in packs of extra for higher financial savings, supplying you with extra worth in your cash
This sensible bulb from Philips is a superb place to begin for integrating sensible lighting in your house. It’s full of the usual options, the bells and whistles, and extra.
- The Philips Hue app opens you as much as quite a lot of state-of-the-art options for the sensible management of your house.
- Big selection of shade customizability (16 million) and dimming (50,000 shades of white), particularly when utilizing the app
- Broad compatibility and integration with main sensible house tech akin to Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant – this helps be sure that it blends properly together with your present sensible house setup.
Maximize its automation options in your house; customise it to virtually all the colours you want, remotely or utilizing your voice by way of the suitable voice assistants.
This can be a nice sensible bulb. It’s an Amazon’s Alternative product that options dimmability, app availability, voice assistants compatibility, and that’s simply a few of its options. You may’t go improper with this at its inexpensive value level. The scores for this sensible bulb by Kasa are warranted. It’s nice worth for cash and there’s a 2-year guarantee for good measure too.
- Appropriate with Amazon Alexa and Google Dwelling ecosystems, permitting you distant and voice management over the sunshine, and extra sensible options, with out the necessity for a sensible hub
- Join the Kasa Sensible app to your community and entry a terrific set of options—entry your mild from wherever, dim it remotely, create schedules and scenes, and extra.
- Nice worth in your cash on the value level, particularly with the characteristic set it brings
2. Substitute the Change With a Sensible Change
One other good choice is to improve your common swap to a sensible one. This provides you sensible options much like what a sensible bulb would have (voice, wi-fi, app, and so on.). However one apparent benefit is that you’ve a bodily swap to show your mild on and off if you want it.
This sensible dimmer swap bundle by Lutron is a well-rated bundle for upgrading your lights, whereas additionally supplying you with a very good base for additional upgrades with the sensible hub.
- This four-in-one bundle of the dimmer swap, sensible bridge, distant management, and coordinating wall plate brings quite a lot of potentialities and worth.
- Clients like how simple it’s to put in even with a number of units.
- Lutron’s Clear Join know-how for wi-fi performance away out of your Wi-Fi—much less visitors in your community and continues to work even when the Wi-Fi goes down
This 4-in-1 bundle from Lutron makes a terrific case for constructing your private home sensible lighting on. It’s reported to be dependable, hardly ever malfunctions or disconnects, and has a very good vary.
This bundle additionally has a terrific worth contemplating the person prices of every machine.
The product was designed to be simple to arrange in numerous conditions. A impartial wire shouldn’t be required by the dimmer swap, making it adaptable to quite a lot of properties’ wiring programs.
What I appreciated
- The sensible bridge is a pleasant addition to allow you to add extra Lutron units in a single hub (wide selection of compatibility, too), and join them to different sensible apps akin to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Bodily distant management—offers appreciable vary; may even use it whereas within the automotive arriving house
- The straightforward set up and connection are massively appreciated by clients.
- Compatibility with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri for extra sensible, distant, and voice management in addition to automation options
- The Amazon Alternative title boasts its excessive score (4.8), nice value, and transport availability
What I did not like
- Expensive in comparison with easier setups and merchandise. That stated, we suggest it for the good worth vs value.
- The sensible bridge is required for many of its greatest options.
- Ethernet (wired LAN) connection is required by the sensible bridge.
- The app performance can really feel restricted in among the extra fundamental customizations
- There are complaints concerning the lack of help to simply retailer/restore settings.
This sensible swap from Leviton is positioned at a very good value level for the options it provides. Set up is simple and easy. right here’s no want for a sensible hub to have distant management and scheduling, and it connects to Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Can operate wirelessly with out the necessity for a sensible hub or bridge, functioning as its personal bridge in your sensible mild and machine for distant management
- Appropriate with Google and Amazon’s voice assistants and hubs for extra automation and management
- With no hub required, total, it’s a well-priced sensible swap choice that does so much for you (additionally extra inexpensive in comparison with opponents, particularly people who require hubs to entry the remainder of the options).
It may be related utilizing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HomeKit, and even Z-Wave—whichever you wish to make the most of.
This can be a LED bulb that works properly in your sensible swap. This dimmable bulb by Feit is reliable, evaluated for Power Star scores, RoHS-compliant, and mercury-free.
- Power financial savings of a LED bulb whereas producing the identical brightness as a 60-Watt incandescent bulb, utilizing about 85% much less power than its incandescent equal
- Produces a brilliant, heat 800 Lumens of sunshine at a 3000 Ok shade temperature; it appears to be like heat however doesn’t produce a lot warmth as a result of LED know-how.
- 25,000 hours or a 22.8-year lifespan is predicted.
The 3000 Ok heat daylight (with excessive shade accuracy of 90 CRI) bulb is produced with solely 8.8 W of energy. The nice and cozy mild additionally promotes a more healthy nighttime surroundings conducive to sleep.
3. Hardwire a Module and Management it by way of a Sensible Hub
We don’t imply to make it sound intimidating. It’s easy: you change your commonplace mild swap to a sensible one by wiring a sensible controller behind the plate. It’s like a robotic mind in your swap, making it much better. You then join it to a sensible hub to get entry to the sensible options you want.
Set up the Aeotec Nano Change controller behind your commonplace swap and also you now have a sensible swap with the sensible and wi-fi capabilities of Z-Wave. It doesn’t exceed 2” on any of the edges, which makes it a surprise to have the ability to work invisibly to the complete capabilities of Z-Wave.
- Carry sensible options and automation to your outlet or swap—suitable universally, irrespective of your wiring setup.
- The Nano title stands for the machine’s miniature design which lets you match and conceal it behind the set up.
- Permits for wi-fi updates, maintaining it considerably aggressive to maintain up with future generations of Z-Wave
It’s not only for mild switches, however energy sockets too, bringing correct energy metering performance.
This mild dimmer swap Z-Wave controller by Aeotec is a well-polished machine in its third era. It doesn’t simply improve your swap, but it surely’s additionally snappy, makes exact and clean dimming, and offers you energy metering.
- Convert your common dimmer swap to a sensible one by putting in this controller to it. You’ll have the ability to management and automate it remotely or by voice utilizing Z-Wave know-how.
- Electrical options shield and assist together with your lighting setup, offering real-time energy consumption information and surge safety.
- Might be stored so far with wi-fi updates, so it could actually nonetheless be succesful and dependable after a very good whereas
It’s additionally simple to put in, with the impartial wire being elective, and it’s suitable with many sorts of wiring programs.
Utilizing the Hubitat Elevation Hub is made simpler because of a very good quantity of sources akin to the web site, a busy neighborhood, and tech help.
- Superior scheduling, integration, and automation processes.
- Has the newest Z-Wave know-how with higher safety, which is basically enhanced by native storage of your sensible house data
- Appropriate with a very good variety of sensible programs akin to Amazon, Google, and Zigbee
In contrast to different hubs with restricted guidelines, the Hubitat Elevation permits for extra advanced guidelines and automation. To place it merely, add extra “this” to your “if this, then that” guidelines.
4. Substitute the GU24 Lamp Becoming With an E26
This may be one thing you’d wish to depart as much as an electricianYou’ll have to show off the ability, detach the becoming, and reconnect the wires to the brand new set up.
An E26 socket brings you extra choices, and if you are able to do this by yourself, it’ll be a terrific choice to strive.
Issues to Think about When Searching for a GU24 Sensible Bulb
Be certain that to verify beforehand so that you don’t spend your cash for one thing that doesn’t swimsuit you. An adapter will add bulk to your present setup, so verify the size on-line beforehand.
Measure the accessible house round your socket, whereas additionally anticipating a little bit of clearance to regulate for error.
Do you’ve got expertise with electrical and wiring work?
An electrician is beneficial for many of the electrical work above. Putting in micro controllers and organising a sensible house hub requires superior know-how.
Leaving the work to professionals might prevent bother and energy, probably cash, too.
Cut back Prices by Investing in LED Bulbs
Enhancements in LED know-how have given it a sizeable lead in benefits in comparison with different lighting choices. They’ve grow to be the selection for longevity, sturdiness, and high quality.
Some LED mild bulbs are costlier than different choices, however they pay for themselves in the long term. An incandescent bulb makes use of about 7 instances greater than a LED one for a similar brightness.
GU24 Bulb Colour
When you’ve thought-about multicolor options in your house, then contemplate choices 1 and 4 since you’ve got extra management over your bulb decisions.
We’ve already talked about the dearth of sensible bulbs for the GU24 becoming. You would possibly want color-changing GU24 bulbs, however they don’t evaluate to the options and comfort of their sensible counterparts.
Frequent Questions About GU24 Sensible Bulbs
Is there a GU24 Philips Hue Sensible Bulb?
Sadly, not even a serious lighting model like Philips Hue has a sensible GU24 bulb.
The commonest bulb sockets they’ve accessible are Edison screw sockets (E varieties), akin to E14 and E27. Additionally they have plenty of E26 & G10 bulbs.
Hopefully the choices above helped you get nearer to an answer .
If you realize different options or approaches to strive instead of GU24 sensible bulbs, do tell us within the feedback. You would possibly make somebody’s day, and we’d love to listen to from you.