RGO Robotics CEO Amir Bousani and Verizon’s Simon Jensen-Fellows focus on AI’s impression on cell robots, Verizon’s 5G community’s potential for edge computing, and cloud structure’s evolution.
Take heed to this text
This episode is sponsored by RGO Robotics
On the present this week, we examine in with RGO Robotics cofounder and CEO Amir Bousani and Simon Jensen-Fellows from Verizon for an in-depth dialog about how AI is rapidly evolving and the way this can impression the notion and autonomy capabilities of cell robots. Simon informs us on how Verizon’s 5G community can assist the sting computing and communication wants of the cell robotics trade sooner or later. It’s a have a look at how the structure of the cloud and the sting is evolving to fulfill the rising wants of cell robotics.
We additionally cowl the information of the week, together with the announcement of a brand new funding spherical for cell robotics software program supplier Formant, and we now have a fast interview with Formant cofounder and CEO Jeff Linnell.
9:30 Formant Software program funding replace with CEO Jeff Linnell
31:54 Featured Interview: Amir Bousani, CEO and co-founder of RGO Robotics, Simon, Jensen-Fellows Head of Know-how for 5G Disruption at Verizon
Information this week:
- Robotics corporations elevate $851M in August 2023
- Robotics funding reached $851 million in August 2023, the results of 62 investments. The overall quantity of funding for 2023 up to now is about $8.85 billion.
- PULS acquires the enterprise of Wiferion wi-fi charging
- PULS has acquired the Wiferion enterprise and can kind a brand new enterprise unit based mostly in Germany known as PULS Wi-fi.
- PULS is a widely known DIN Rail energy provide producer and has a big gross sales workforce and channel world wide, so this can convey Wiferion tech to a broader viewers.
- At present, Formant introduced a brand new funding spherical
- Formant introduced the completion of a $21 million funding spherical. The funding was led by BMW i Ventures, with participation from new buyers Intel Capital, GS Futures, and former buyers, together with SignalFire, Hillsven, Pelion Ventures, Holman, Ericsson, Goodyear Ventures, PICUS Capital and Thursday Ventures.