Are you searching for a robotic vacuum? The SwitchBot K10+ is billed as a mini robotic vacuum, however don’t let that title idiot you. Sure, in comparison with different robotic vacuums the K10+ is small. Nevertheless, it’s filled with options. What are these options and the way properly does it carry out? I spent a while utilizing and testing the little robotic vacuum that might. Learn on for my evaluation.
Editor’s Be aware: The SwitchBot K10+ was offered to me free of charge in alternate for an trustworthy assessment. This doesn’t have an effect on my evaluation of the product, as I at all times give my trustworthy opinion. Belief is vital to me!
This web page accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. If you are going to buy an merchandise utilizing an affiliate hyperlink I’ll obtain a small fee for free of charge to you. Associates don’t affect my suggestions. Learn my disclosures for extra data.
SwitchBot Mini Robotic Vacuum K10+ with Self-Empty Base for 70-Day of Cleansing, LiDAR Navigation, Sensible Mapping, 2500Pa Suction, 48dB Extremely Quiet, 150Mins Max, Suitable with Alexa, 2.4G WiFi Related
- Intensive Cleansing: SwitchBot mini robotic vacuum K10+ is compact and presents a 50% smaller measurement than conventional vacuums, enabling simple maneuvering into room corners and below tables. Its superior LiDAR route algorithm precisely locates and cleans hard-to-reach spots, enhancing cleansing effectivity by 90%.
- 70 days Palms-Free Cleansing: Robotic vacuum K10+ features a 4L base station, holding particles for as much as 70 days. It auto-funnels mud into a group bag, supreme for allergy victims, making certain a less complicated and extra hygienic cleansing expertise.
|Dimensions||9.8 x 9.8 x 3.6 inches|
|Battery||14.4 V, 3200 mAh|
|Connectivity||2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2|
|Cell App Necessities||iOS 11.0+, Android OS 5.0+|
|Auto Empty Station Dimension||10.3 x 8.3 x 12.7 inches|
|Auto Empty Station Energy||Charging: 30 W, Emptying mud 950 W, enter 24 volts @ 1 amp|
|Voice Assistant Compatibility||Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri|
As you may inform from the specs above, The SwitchBot K10+ is small and light-weight. It packs a bigger battery than I used to be anticipating. I think about it wants this as a result of being smaller, it takes extra time to scrub rooms.
As standard, I’ve a pet peeve of those gadgets solely supporting 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi alerts, like most different good gadgets. I perceive why these gadgets restrict themselves to 2.4 GHz, however I’d nonetheless like the choice of extra secure and fewer crowded 5 GHz alerts. In my home, 5 GHz is robust in all places attributable to my TP-Hyperlink entry factors.
I do wish to level out a number of key options of the SwitchBot K10+:
- It will probably create customizable cleansing maps for a number of flooring
- You’ll be able to direct the K10+ to scrub particular person rooms or areas
- It will probably talk its standing to you through voice from the robotic
- It can also “mop” laborious flooring with a cleansing sheet (like a Swifter)
- When the robotic vacuum is in motion, you may monitor its progress from anyplace utilizing the app
- It can recharge itself when it has a low battery throughout a cleansing, after which return and end the cleansing with none consumer intervention
I’ll handle extra particulars of many of those and extra options later on this article.
Editor’s Be aware: You can even purchase the K10+ straight from SwitchBot. Use the promo code 20HOMETECH for 20% off.
Organising the SwitchBot K10+
I’ve many different SwitchBot merchandise, just like the SwitchBot Blind Tilt, the SwitchBot Hub 2, and the SwitchBot Out of doors Highlight Digital camera. Arrange for this gadget is as simple as it’s for different gadgets.
The very first thing to do is obtain the SwitchBot app and create an account in the event you haven’t already. Then, comply with the faucet so as to add a brand new gadget within the app, and comply with the directions. As you may see under, the app detected my K10+, most likely as a result of I had already plugged within the empty station.
Talking of the empty station, the directions specify that or not it’s put in on a tough floor with some house round it. SwitchBot recommends 1.6 ft. of free house on the edges and 4.9 ft of free house within the entrance. Be sure that to consider that as you determine the place you place it in your home. That mentioned, I attempted inserting it on a carpet close to a nook with out sufficient clearance and every little thing appeared to work high quality.
After you choose so as to add the gadget, the app directs you to activate the robotic vacuum:
Subsequent, you’ll be directed to establishing the SwitchBot K10+’s connection to your Wi-Fi community. Be aware this solely works with 2.4 GHz networks. Beneath are the screens within the app you will note when executed.
You’ll be directed to create a map that the robotic vacuum will use for cleansing. As soon as once more directions for doing this are clear. I cleared obstacles that received’t at all times be there and let the mapping proceed.
The map-making course of was very correct. It even created affordable room separations. Nevertheless, they weren’t precisely what I needed. However, you should use the merge and cut up capabilities to tweak the map to be precisely what you need.
One factor you may see on the map is that Room 1 appears to be like slightly loopy. That’s not an actual room; it’s really outdoor on the opposite facet of a sliding glass door. I believe perhaps all the sunshine coming in on the time of mapping could have confused the K10+. I couldn’t discover a option to merely delete that room, however you’ll be able to set “no-go” zones, which I did for this phantom room.
Be aware you can rename the rooms to your preferences.
Utilizing the K10+
Utilizing the K10+ is a deal with, and I imply that sincerely. It’s most likely the geek or engineer in me that actually enjoys it. After you’ve tweaked the map to your liking you may set the robotic vacuum off to scrub your entire ground, or choose a number of rooms. The cool factor is you can see the place the SwitchBot K10+ has been and the place it’s in real-time within the app.
The white strains present the trail the SwitchBot K10+ has taken. The blue circle with the white dot within the center exhibits the place the robotic vacuum is at that second. A few different issues you may see:
- You’ll be able to see the no-go zone I put across the phantom “Room 1”
- You can even see the standing of how a lot house has been cleaned and the way lengthy it has been cleansing
When the cleansing is finished, you may go and examine a cleansing report, which exhibits how lengthy it cleaned for and precisely what it cleaned:
Further observations and options
I’ve described the fundamentals of how the K10+ works however there may be a lot extra to it. First, it has a ton of settings as you may see from the app screenshots under:
Don’t disturb time and the sound quantity settings are for the voice capabilities this unit has. It offers verbal confirmations and updates about setup and cleansing standing. It’s not overly chatty, however you may set instances when it doesn’t discuss in any respect.
It additionally has different options like youngster lock, button mild, and diminished collision mode, which do precisely what they sound like or describe within the app interface. The mud assortment settings can help you customise how usually the K10+ empties into the empty station
Within the picture on the correct above, you may see much more options together with:
- Map enhancing, the place you may redraw strains, set no-go zones, title rooms, and set no-mop zones (extra on that later)
- Map choice. You’ll be able to retailer a number of maps for a similar ground or for a number of flooring. Right here you choose which one you’re utilizing
- You’ll be able to schedule cleanings. You’ll be able to set one-time and recurring schedules for particular person rooms and your entire house
- You’ll be able to management the robotic vacuum manually through the app
- Utilizing the app, you may choose the language the K10+ speaks
One factor I wish to particularly level out is the suction velocity. It begins off at normal. Once I was first operating the K10+ in dirtier locations, I used to be disillusioned in the way it did. However then I turned up the suction and it did significantly better.
Moreover, you may program rooms to have multiple move of cleansing, which additionally helps in larger site visitors/dirtier areas.
Comparisons to my different robotic vacuums
I personal the Deebot N79S and the iRobot Roomba i3. There isn’t any comparability between my Deebot and this gadget. the Deebot is a “dumb” cleaner. It simply meanders aimlessly and randomly cleansing no matter areas it may possibly attain till its battery runs out. It has no mapping capabilities and doesn’t observe the place it has been.
The iRobot Roomba i3 is a better comparability. However the K10+ has the next important benefits:
- It will probably create a map of a number of flooring, whereas the iRobot can solely create one map for one ground
- The K10+ comes with a separate dustbin. The model of the iRobot that I’ve doesn’t have that and also you just about must empty the mud bin within the robotic after each cleansing. Nevertheless you may purchase a mud bin for it
- The K10+ has mopping capabilities, and iRobot doesn’t
Moreover, the K10+ is far smaller. I may provide the dimensions of each, however I believe the image under illustrates it higher:
The benefit of this measurement distinction for the SwitchBot K10+ is its skill to take up much less cupboard space on the ground and get to smaller areas than the iRobot i3 can. The drawback is that it takes longer to scrub the identical space. That is considerably mitigated by how effectively the K10+ cleans. To my eye, it appears to take extra environment friendly paths.
Different robotic vacuums
There are a whole lot of robotic vacuums in the marketplace, and it may be laborious to seek out the correct one. You received’t discover too many (any?) smaller than the SwitchBot K10+, however listed here are a number of fashionable choices:
The SwitchBot K10+ mini robotic vacuum is diminutive in measurement, however giant in options. It does an incredible job of cleansing, and might even do some mopping. You need to use it on a number of flooring, schedules, and surfaces. It’s one other nice providing from SwitchBot.
Is there the rest you’d prefer to find out about this robotic vacuum? Let me know on X (Twitter) or within the feedback.
Occupied with supporting HomeTechHacker?
Have you ever discovered the content material on this website helpful? In that case, are you interested by supporting me and this website? There’s no obligation after all, however I might actually admire any assist you can provide. Beneath are a number of methods you may present assist:
Thanks! I actually admire it!